Friday, December 23, 2011

Waiting and Trusting

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him" Ps. 37:7a

One of my favorite things to do is read missionary bios and quotes. These are some very random thoughts, that are also some of my favorites quotes that give a picture of the things that are weighing heavy on my heart lately. As this year comes to a close and thoughts of plans for next year begin to surface, even as worry and fear attempt to rear their ugly heads, I find so much comfort knowing that fellow Christian missionaries have struggled through some of the same thoughts and passions. As I prepare my heart for the mission opportunities coming next year, I'm so thankful to serve a God that is so compassionate, strong, and my true Refuge. My love for Him stirs me to worship and service. In this life, no matter where we're placed in this world, we're definitely never alone- we always carry the love of God in our hearts. He blesses us, so that we can be a blessing to others. Missions will continue to be necessary until God's name has been preached to the ends of the earth. Missions, as is any service to God, is a free act of the will, in servitude to God, to bring glory and honor to His name. Until every tribe, tongue, and nation can worship the LORD, missions is a necessary vehicle to bring and proclaim the Gospel and make disciples. Lately this has been a huge tug on my heart. There are those who refuse the Gospel and that Jesus died for their sins and don't want Him as their Lord and Savior... but what about those who have never heard and have never been given that choice? Who's Jesus to them? Who's interceding for them? Who's showing them the true God of Love? For that matter, who's loving them?

"Cast your burden on the LORD,And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." -Ps. 55:22

"What would I do with starry crowns except to cast them at His feet?"- Mary Slessor

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies." -J. Hudson Taylor

"Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell." -C.T. Studd

"We talk of the second coming, half the world has never heard of the first." -Oswald J. Smith

"We must be global Christians, with a global mission, because our God is a global God." - John Stott

"If God has fit you to be a missionary, I would not have you shrivel down to be a king." -Charles H. Spurgeon

"Brother, if you would enter that Province, you must go forward on your knees." -J. Hudson Taylor

"Why do we insist on building the largest and most impressive structures in our city when people on the other side of town are hungry, jobless and worshipping in storefronts?" -K.P. Yohannan

"I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China…I don't know who it was…It must have been a man…a well-educated man. I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing…and God looked down…and saw Gladys Aylward…And God said - "Well, she's willing."
- Gladys Aylward

"He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." -1 Thess. 5:24

No comments: